Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hair Dryers and Fake Vomit

I have had the same hair dryer since I ever started blow drying my hair. It was my faithful, trusty workhorse all through high school and college.  It was totally adequate. I had no qualms. It recently got covered in wax while doing my crayon art project, so I decided to get a new one. It was time. The housing was cracked and the vent on the back had fallen off years ago.


So I bought a new hair dryer. A fancy, shiny, hot pink and silver one. It's the Remington Fast Finish 1875 watt ionic tourmaline ceramic dryer with twin turbo fans, 3 heats, 2 speeds and a turbo button for maximum drying power. It. Is. AWESOME. It dries my hair in less than half the time, and it blows air like a tornado to the face. It gets nice and warm to dry, and the cold button gets super cold.  I cannot believe I have been attempting to dry my hair with that poor excuse of a light-breeze machine I had before.


It also came with these nifty doodads:


On the left is a "diffuser" for curls and waves, and on the right is a "concentrator" for smooth, sleek styles. I have no idea how to use either one, but I'm gonna find out and try them.

On another note, today I had to perform a mock "patient visit" at school. We had a fake client and a fake stuffed dog "patient," and a faculty member sat in the corner and video-taped us talking to the client about their dog's fake vomiting. Now I have to go back and watch it and critique my interpersonal communication skills. Real vomit.

No comments:

Post a Comment