Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Heel-O-Matic

For those who live elsewhere, I'd like to inform you that Louisiana is under water. It's totally and completely wet, drenched, soggy, sodden and saturated.  It's normally swampy and humid, but over the past week or so it has rained over 8 inches.  The parish I live in was just declared a disaster zone, and schools have been cancelled due to flooding. My garden is a giant puddle, and most of my plants have experienced a slow drowning death. It's incredibly unpleasant, and I'm probably going to need to build an ark soon.


Luckily, my barn has an indoor arena, so I headed over there to ride. The indoor is a good walk from where my horses' stalls are, so it required me to sprint through the downpour, dragging two horses along (well, until it thundered, then they dragged me for a bit). I arrived at the arena to find a man and a little boy riding horses while attempting to lasso a plastic, gyrating mechanical calf, which was being dragged behind a four-wheeler. Wait, what? Yes. A plastic air-humping cow dragged behind a four-wheeler. And these people were trying to lasso it!


It can be found here, for $3,295 (+350 shipping), for those interested parties. Also, they call his sexual proclivities the patented "hop!" The music in this video is priceless:



My fancy show horses are scared of plastic bags, loud noises, shiny objects, cows, alpacas, goats, small children, puddles, brightly-colored things and occasionally their own shadows.  There was no way in hell I would be able to ride while Humplestiltskin was trying to pickle-tickle his way around the ring. Just looking at that thing from outside the ring made them arch their necks, bug their eyes out and snort like dragons. So, back to the barn we went, and I'll try again another (hopefully drier) day.

No comments:

Post a Comment